[wplug] DRM-free listening - recommendation request

Robert E. Coutch vze57qmg at verizon.net
Sun May 31 14:32:48 EDT 2009

I'm using a first generation iPod nano with Rockbox running on it.
Not only will it play almost anything but it does movies which weren't
available with Apple's software.
It appears as a removable drive when connected to a computer and file
management is easy since you don't need a special program to manage them.
You could, for example, set it up as a removable device in Amarok (haven't
done this myself).

It also preserves Apple's software if you have a need to run in "Apple mode".

I also still have my Sharp Zaurus 5500 that plays mp3's and mpg movies.
I still get my music the old fashioned way. I buy the CD and them rip them my
music server.

Rockbox is available for many music player devices.
Google them and see.