[wplug] Installfest in two weeks! Your help needed.

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Sun May 24 12:19:50 EDT 2009

Did you know that there is an installfest in two weeks? I don't know
about you but I am pretty excited about it.

We will be holding it on Saturday June 6 at Brookline Library.  Since
we are on the same floor as the children's library, we've planned a
child and family friendly classes for those who are just curious. I
will be talking about firefox filters, Qimo, and gaming with Linux
live cds.

For those who want to come and install Linux, we will be open for
traditional installfest business as well.

What is an installfest you ask? This is where you bring in your
computer from home and we install Linux together. You do not need any
experience with Linux to install Linux at the installfest.  All you
need is a computer, keyboard, mouse, display and an open mind. Watch
this video to see how really easy it is!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owdEDcmF1SI

Say you've got a problem with your Linux system? Bring it on down to
the Installfest and we will take a look together. Some people feel
more comfortable just showing someone what's going on instead of
posting to wplug at wplug.org.

I got started with Linux by attending WPLUG installfests in 1999. The
environment is helpful and supportive. A successful installfest
doesn't just happen. It takes people, like you, to sign up to help.

We especially need volunteers who will be available experts to answer
questions. You don't need to be an expert everything. Nobody is. What
we need is good neighbors who can share their experiences with
installing Linux. Join the technical support staff of the meeting.

Want to help but don't have technical background yet? We always need
people to help us setup, clean up, and give us yummy snacks.

Sign up to be a part of the technical support staff, setup crew,
cleanup crew, or refreshment provider on the wiki.
(http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20090606)

Everyone can start helping right now by downloading the flyer, passing
it out, and posting it where ever you go. Tape it to your office door!
Invite your friends and family.
(http://www.wplug.org/wiki/Meeting-20090606#Flyer)

Hope to see you there!

Beth Lynn Eicher