[wplug] Thoughts on a Storage System

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:05:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Max Putas <maxblaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> OpenFiler appears to be fairly capable, although I can't fully vouch
> for it since I never used it in production. You might want to look at
> this tutorial for setting up two OpenFiler boxes in a HA
> configuration:

OpenFiler seems like you're sort of limited to having as much
available storage as you can attach to a single node.

To me, attaching lots of storage to a single node isn't as good bang
for the buck as having multiple nodes.  With one node, your IO
bandwidth is practically limited to what the node's NIC can support.
If you have many nodes, you might be able to get n-NIC IO.