[wplug] Thoughts on a Storage System

n schembr nschembr at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 10:20:21 EDT 2009

I going to play with glusterfs.  I'll have a review some time this summer.  http://gluster.org/

It looks like you can build a very simple system and grow into a cluster.  With 2 nodes you can setup something close to raid 10.

GlusterFS is a cluster file-system capable of scaling to
several peta-bytes. It aggregates various storage bricks over
Infiniband RDMA or TCP/IP interconnect into one large parallel network
file system. GlusterFS is based on a stackable user space design
without compromising performance.