[wplug] Tapping into an Ethernet connection

Moshe Hyzon mokatz at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:23:05 EDT 2009

In general, there are no hubs anymore.  Hubs were standard in the 10BaseT
days, rare in the 100BaseT days and these days are completely incompatible
with the GigE spec.
Your best bet is to set up a Linux machine with 2 NICs and bridge them, then
use wireshark on the bridge interface.  Either that or get an (expensive)
managed switch that can do port mirroring.

Moshe