[wplug] second call for interest in Ubuntu Jaunty release party

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Wed Mar 25 11:45:57 EDT 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Sara Masters wrote:

> I am new to WPLUG and was about to install Ubuntu - should I just
> wait?

No, don't wait.  Ubuntu upgrades very nicely to a new release.  You'll
have to download 400-600 MBytes for the new release, but you'd
probably have to do that to get the CD or DVD anyway (unless you're
getting a buddy to burn it for you).

And unless you're going with a LTS version (which Hardy, Intrepid or
Jaunty are not), you're going to be upgrading in another six months
anyway.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson