[wplug] Coding

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 12:18:56 EDT 2009

I concur with shoes, python, ruby. Java is too cluttered a language, I would think.

I'd toss in something like Haskell - especially if your son is interested in math. I'm engaged in a similar search, having a gifted grandson, now 7, who has been working with binary arithmetic, codebreaking, and a lot of other interesting math for a couple years now. I figure it's time to introduce him to a few programming concepts. He loves playing with numbers; augment his curiosity with a computer and he'll be in geek heaven, I'm sure.

 Terry McIntyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com>

-- People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election. -
Otto von Bismarck