[wplug] mapping realdomain to localdomain for email only

Kevin Squire gentgeen at wikiak.org
Mon Mar 16 13:02:21 EDT 2009

(Sorry that subject is not exact description)

I have a development system we use to design/test/etc our web site
before it goes live.  (dev.realurl.org and www.realurl.org ).  System
is Debian Stable.

I have not set up outgoing email on this box, all mail stays
localdomain.  (no need to set it up either.).

Our website has a number of pages that are designed to email our staff
when a user completes a form, finishes a path, etc.  Right now, I have
to remember to set/reset the $recipient field everytime.

So while working on the page, the copy on dev.realurl.org has:
  $recipient = kevin at localdomain

After I upload, after ever change, etc, I have to remember to change it:
  $recipient = user at realurl.org

I am wondering if there is a way I can set exim to map all
*@realurl.org emails to kevin at localdomain without setting up exim to
be a true forwarder (i.e. user at realurl.org really does get the email
from the dev site).  I don't want to end up "spamming" them while
working on the project before it goes live.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org