[wplug] eeePC + Xubuntu

Janos Dohanics web at 3dresearch.com
Sat Mar 14 15:06:20 EDT 2009

I'm wondering if anyone using eeePC + Xubuntu.

I don't seem to be able to get the wired NIC working.

ifconfig does not show the wired NIC after installing eeePCXubuntu-7.10.3.
However, lshw shows:

        *-pci:2
             product: 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 4
             vendor: Intel Corporation
             physical id: 1c.3
             bus info: pci at 0000:00:1c.3
             version: 02
             width: 32 bits
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: pci pciexpress msi pm normal_decode bus_master
cap_list
             configuration: driver=pcieport-driver
           *-network UNCLAIMED
                product: Attansic Technology Corp.
                vendor: Attansic Technology Corp.
                physical id: 0
                bus info: pci at 0000:01:00.0
                version: b0
                width: 64 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vpd bus_master cap_list
                configuration: latency=0

This is a 900 HA - suggestions welcome...

jd

--
Janos Dohanics