[wplug] DSL? (again, sigh)

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:12:11 EST 2009

On Friday 06 March 2009 5:35:17 pm Zach Uram wrote:
> Anyone know a good cheap DSL provider in the area?

Does it *have* to be DSL?  Will other forms of broadband access work?

I'm not in Pittsburgh anymore, but I don't think companies charge different
amounts in different parts of the country.  If they do, I would expect where I
am now to be more expensive (DC, everything's more expensive here).

I'm paying $30/mo for 10mbit from RCN (after 6mo it goes to $40, I think)
which AFAIK is a lot faster than DSL can do (it's still limited to 768k,
right?).  Comcast was $25 for first 6mo then $55, I think (also 10mbit).  Of
course they offer slower speeds for less, and if you own a TV and want cable
too, they both lower the total price too.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo