[wplug] Large Database

Nathan Embery nembery at met-net.com
Fri Mar 6 12:08:06 EST 2009

Sorry, but I really have to disagree here. There is no reason why a
properly laid out and configured SAN would have any less performance
than a RAID controller.

I will agree that RAID-10 is the way to go, and also note that virtually
every SAN out there can configure LUNs as RAID-10 arrays. I just built a
10 Terabyte EMC array about 2 years ago in this same exact fashion and
the performance was excellent.

-Nate