[wplug] PHP FTPES

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:35:14 EST 2009

Zach: Thanks for the help.

I've come across a rather inelegant solution by using Wine to run MOVEit
Freely to access the FTP.  It is the ES part of the FTPES that makes it
hairy.  I just learned these things in the past few days so please correct
me if I'm babbling incoherently.

E is for explicit, opposed to (I)mplicit.  I had to find a way to establish
an FTP connection that accepts a cert. -- which is what had me tied in
knots.  Prior to USER and PASS, it would send an AUTH TLS-P and negotiate
security.  I couldn't figure out how to accept the cert and continue with
the code.  It looked like it was going to involve OpenSSL and I don't even
know if this PHP was compiled with such.

Anyway... I did get it to work, even if I would have preferred to not
involve Wine...

Again, I appreciate the assistance!