[wplug] Global Linux Meeting March 7 Sat BerkeleyTIP -Global - For Forwarding

john_re john_re at fastmail.us
Thu Mar 5 01:22:13 EST 2009

Yo Brian - Sup?! :)
[BTW - are you a fastmail user (like me) or is that just how your email
address is coming through to me?  ;)

You might not believe how many people's email address I see are on gmail
these days. <8-0
[svlug] The house of the Googleplex
http://lists.svlug.org/archives/svlug/2009-February/032093.html
]

And, here's an even other (perhaps superior) option for everyone -

  Any one who doesn't want info about BerkeleyTIP
  or from me,
  just put in an email program filter to take those messages out.

  [All my BerkeleyTIP messages will have that word in the header,
  & if you furthermore don't wish to have anything from _me_ in your
  inbox,
  just filter on my email address instead -
    thus you wouldn't have to see a message reply from me,
    such as this one.]

The nice thing about today's world, is that individuals have easy
programatic control over their own information.

So, if some people don't want to have some information, they can filter
that info out,
& that fined grained individual control saves those people from
diminishing the opportunities for the other members of the group who
_do_ wish to so easily avail themselves of the opportunity to be
informed.

It doesn't require a vote, it doesn't even require asking someone else
to take special action for you.