[wplug] Global Linux Meeting March 7 Sat BerkeleyTIP -Global - For Forwarding

Eli Heady eli.heady at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:05:45 EST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have interest in this kind of stuff?
>
> It doesn't bother me too much, but... if there's a majority opinion that we
> want to politely unsubscribe ourselves from future BerkeleyTIP (I have not
> idea what that is) message, we should do that.

Apparently TIP = Talks, Installfest, Potluck & ProgrammingParty

I wasn't aware of that lug-ish group before their messages began
appearing on this list, so I'm glad we're getting them. Not a big deal
to me though if they stop coming to wplug, I'll just subscribe myself
to their list. I hadn't realized that the wplug list was subscribed to
the berkelytip list, however. I'd say the question should be: are
there policy reasons to unsubscribe? Lists subscribed to lists seems
like a pita.

As far as attending their meetings, I haven't been interested in the
topics yet, but this weekend looks good. I'm not too sure of the
format, though. If they have a large attendance, a voip conference
call joined to a large meatware group might be cumbersome.

--eli