[wplug] Fwd: Ohio LinuxFest 2009: 40 Years of UNIX

Mathieu Dube mujo at dubix.org
Tue Jun 30 14:55:28 EDT 2009

Hi fellow wplug'ers

Im forwarding the announce for the OLF.

regards
-M

----- Forwarded message from Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> -----

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:39:57 -0400
From: Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net>
Subject: Ohio LinuxFest 2009: 40 Years of UNIX

The seventh annual Ohio LinuxFest will be on September 25-26, 2009 at
the Greater Columbus Convention Center, in downtown Columbus, Ohio.

*** HISTORY IN THE MAKING
The theme for the seventh annual Ohio LinuxFest is ???40 Years of UNIX???.
Our first keynote speaker, Doug McIlroy, is a major contributor to
UNIX, and is personally responsible for the concept of
pipes???inter-process data streams that no true Unix / Linux geek can
live without. Few others can share with the current generation the
breadth of experience that Doug can.

As we look ahead to 40 (or more!) years of Linux, Shawn Powers, editor
of Linux Journal, will share with us his vision for how Linux can help
fix the economy. Shawn???s involvement in Linux stretchs back over a
dozen years, and ranges from the purely technical to general Linux
advocacy.

*** CELEBRATE
Ohio LinuxFest wants your help to celebrate our continued success!
We???ll be announcing our keynote speakers???Doug McIlroy and Shawn
Powers???on Tuesday, June 30. You are invited to join us for an IRC
party tonight to spread the word on blogs, Twitter, FaceBook, Digg,
Reddit, and any other outlet. Ohio LinuxFest has thrived for six years
on strong personal recommendations from attendees. This is your chance
to participate in that word-of-mouth advocacy that has benefitted Ohio
LinuxFest so well!

To join us, point your IRC client to irc.oftc.net and join #ohiolinux.

*** PARTICIPATE
If you???re interested in sharing your experience with the Ohio
LinuxFest community, it???s not too late! The Call for Presentations is
still open. This is your chance to share your passion and experience
with your peers. Working on a cool new project? Have expertise with
something amazingly useful? Submit a presentation!

*** REGISTER
As always, registration for Ohio LinuxFest is completely free. OLF is
about community, and communities work best when they work together.

For those that wish to help Ohio LinuxFest, a Supporter Package is
available for $65. Supporters get a catered lunch on Saturday, and a
commemorative shirt.

A Professional Package is available for people looking to improve the
Linux skills they use in the workplace. In addition to Saturday???s
conference, the Professional Package provides access to Ohio LinuxFest
University, a full day of intensive, hands-on training in a number of
technical tracks on Friday. This is an excellent opportunity to hone
your existing skills with training from the League of Professional
System Administrators (LOPSA), or boot strap your Linux knowldge with
an introduction to Ubuntu offered by FreeGeek Columbus.

*** DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS
For more information, or to register, please see the Ohio LinuxFest
website at http://www.ohiolinux.org/

----- End forwarded message -----