[wplug] Fwd: Next DevHousePGH Event WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17th

Mathieu Dube mujo at dubix.org
Wed Jun 10 12:56:42 EDT 2009

Hi guys and gals,

I recieved this invitation for us from the DevHouse

regards
-M

----- Forwarded message from "Karl A. Schieneman" <Karl.Schieneman at jurinnov.com> -----

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:38:46 -0400
From: "Karl A. Schieneman" <Karl.Schieneman at jurinnov.com>
To: <info at wplug.org>
Subject: Next DevHousePGH Event WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17th

Hi wplug:

Well after a flurry of events at the beginning of the year, I got a bit
lazy.  But Nick Pinkston sent me an email and reminded me that we were
planning to have the next DevHousePgh event at the launch of HackPgh.
We decided to have the event on a Wednesday night because the technology
mash up mixer which we helped to organized a few months ago taught us
one thing.  Many, if not most, of Pittsburgh's technology groups, have
their events on Thursday nights.  So by moving to Wednesday night, there
is no apparent conflict to having the event.

I am planning on giving a lightning talk reflecting back on DevHousePgh
looking backwards, and looking to find a technologist in the group who
wants to become more of the face of DevHousePgh.  We have had some very
good events but at the end of the day, I don't have the street
credibility to be a devout technologist since I am not a technologist.
However, I enjoy the group and want to support it.  I just think it's
time to find someone who works in the space to be the leader.  However,
it would be great to have people who have enjoyed what we do to come out
and either try to talk me out of it, or say they'd be willing to help.

We will have refreshments and I will see if we have something in our
budget to provide some food.   We will be starting at 6PM and lightning
talks will start at 7PM.  If you haven't come to a DevHousePgh event, it
is a collection of software coders + Karl, who meet every few months and
hack away on problems or projects since there is internet access.  Most
people are carrying a laptop with them.  We share ideas or issues we are
facing in the form of short lightning talks.  It is a great place to
network, get a creative idea to tackle a project you are working on, or
just to learn new stuff.  Many of the attendees are entrepreneurs who
are building or starting technology businesses.  Some are employed
coders who just want to network.

Rather than bring in a more significant speaker, the focus on this event
will be to showcase Hack Pittsburgh's location.  Hack Pittsburgh is a
new, open group of individuals currently working on building a shared
space for building a wide range of art and technology projects from the
ground up.  Sort of like a Creative Tree House but more centrally
located.  You can check out their website at www.hackpgh.com.  Nick
Pinkston, a frequent DevHousePgh attendee and technology entrepreneur
has been one of the leaders of this group.  It is a very good idea and
Nick and the rest of his group will be showcasing what they are up to.

LOCATION:  1936 5th Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.

I hope to see you all there.

Thanks

Karl Schieneman

----- End forwarded message -----