[wplug] White screen of death

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri Jul 31 16:22:20 EDT 2009

Weber, Lawrence A wrote:
> I am running Fedora 9, with two user accounts.  When I switch users I
> frequently get a white screen, with an active cursor arrow.  Is there a
> way to recover from this other than rebooting?

	How are you switching users?

	As Mr. Billings said, you can ctrl-alt-backspace to kill the current X
server. You can also (with root permissions) killall gdm-binary, or
switch to runlevel 3, and back to runlevel 5 (init 3, init 5). Any of
those *should* reset the video card.

	Perhaps the window manager loaded in a funny state?

	Does anyone know how to turn on the XDMCP server bits with redhat?

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.pghwireless.net
drew at zhrodague.net		http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotpgh