[wplug] Verizon Fios & static IP

Andrew Fisk andy at spitcomp.com
Wed Jul 8 07:20:30 EDT 2009

You can set internal static IP addresses devices connected to an
ActionTec router with no problem just make sure that the ones you
configure are outside the range provided by the DHCP service on the
router.  You can also set it up to assign the same IP address to a
given MAC address using DHCP.

If it makes you feel any better,  according the the folks that did my
FIOS install "you can't use Linux to connect to the internet".

If you want a public static IP you do have to get verizon business
service.

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services