[wplug] Bridging Two FIOS Networks

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Wed Jul 1 13:48:45 EDT 2009

As Bill mentioned, VPN is the method I would use.  If you want
(almost) turn-key hardware, I recommend Linksys VPN routers such as:

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/BEFVP41
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124160

Depending on geography and terrain, you could install a wireless
bridge system and keep the network private.

DD-WRT supports bridging routers in several different ways.  See:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers
You would need compatible devices such as the WRT54GL, outdoor
enclosures, antennas and cables.

Again, if you want more of a turn-key solution, EnGenius offers a
relatively inexpensive line of outdoor wireless hardware.
See: http://www.engeniustech.com/datacom/products/

Regards,
Dave