[wplug] Interesting Find: Linux Geeks Madeover by Sorority Girls

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:45:55 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not working here (FOSS Flash plugin), so I'll just ask:
> Were the geeks being made over also sorority girls?  Like a sorority to
> counter the fraternity in Revenge of the Nerds?

No, they selected a bunch of CS / CE majors based on the scruffiness
of their beards, then paired them with a sorority.  Apparently,
neither the nerds nor the sorority were aware of each other's
existence before hand.

The sorority girls were tasked with fixing up the nerds for a charity
auction.  The nerds were auctioned off, with proceeds going to a
scholarship fund for female CS students.