[wplug] globally changing the system bell in GNOME

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Mon Jan 12 15:07:14 EST 2009

Yup, I've seen that.  Unchecking "play alert sound" disables the bell,
unfortunately, changing the sound in the "Alert sound" setting doesn't seem
to do anything.  It's either disabled or that awful loud pc-speaker beep.
The visual option doesn't seem to do much either.

Thanks for the try, but no dice.  Maybe it's a bug.

Patrick Wagstrom
Email/gTalk: patrick at wagstrom.net
Personal: http://patrick.wagstrom.net/
Academic: http://academic.patrick.wagstrom.net/