[wplug] Several questions

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:35:30 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Mark Sikora <markys123451 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The painless upgrade that some distros advertise is alluring, but in my
> experience and from what I hear....not that often successful.

Painless upgrades are over-rated, painless reinstalls are under-rated.

That is, its a pain to reinstall your OS if you use Windows, don't
have good backups, don't have a well worn path (ie, a kickstart or
script) to handle the installation and setup.  But if none of those
things apply to you (because you did the work upfront) then
reinstalling is often the easiest way to do upgrades or solve
problems.  It took me 45 minutes to "upgrade" my Fedora 9 machine to
Fedora 10 by wiping out F9 and installing F10.