[wplug] wiki suggestions?

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Feb 9 00:06:28 EST 2009

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 16:19 -0500, Zach Uram wrote:
> > That the images it uses are very hard to read and users must try
> > several times before they get an image they can read. Do any of the
> > wikis you mentioned have automatic email registration?
>
> I don't have any trouble with them.  And I think it's pretty cool that
> it's helping to OCR-transcribe old texts.

Maybe my eyes are getting worse with age (or is it my brain?), but
I have had trouble deciphering some Recaptchas.  Then again, they
are selected precisely because they're hard to decipher, so maybe
that's to be expected.

One really nice feature is that if you can't read it, there's a
button to click that will load a new CAPTCHA, without having to
reload the whole page (and risk losing whatever you typed into the
form).  Plus there's an audio CAPTCHA already built-in for
visually-impaired users.

In short, at this point if you need a CAPTCHA, it's hard to find
one that beats Recaptcha.