[wplug] Managing Environment Variables - Follow-up

Weber, Lawrence A Lawrence.Weber at ansaldo-sts.us
Tue Dec 1 11:23:05 EST 2009

That's how I understand it.  So when I started a terminal, that subshell
and all of the subshells it creates should have used the value that I
sourced in my script.  The script set values of environment variables
that were no longer in .bashrc or any other file.  Somehow (I hate to
use that word) the makefiles that my main makefile was calling were able
to access very old values of the environment variables.  This feature
went away after a reboot.  So I have two questions that will never be
answered, why did the called makefiles not use the current values, and
where did they find the old values?  Thanks for your help.  I am going
to have to let it drop as it is working now and I have lots to do.