[wplug] Linux "parental controls" solutions/appliances?

Kevin Squire gentgeen at wikiak.org
Mon Aug 24 21:33:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:49:34 -0400
Pat Barron <pat at tiderium.com> wrote:

>  Is there maybe some kind
> of "appliance distro" for this - something that is (at least
> somewhat) turnkey, sort of the way "CA-in-a-Box" is, where you just
> install it, configure it, and go, and the box doesn't really get used
> for anything else aside from this function?

IP Cop on an old white box.  Added the URL Filter plugin and the
Advance Proxy filter plugin and got all the "protection" I want for my
kids without being too "big brother".

I would be happy to help with it any as needed.  This is what I use
with my kids.  (kids 7-8 and 11 and all have been online "forever" and
protected with IPCop for over 7 years).

--
http://www.wikiak.org