[wplug] NAS Appliance recommendations

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sat Aug 22 21:33:19 EDT 2009

I can understand the reason to tell the os you have a fixed sized partition,
but having a volume that isn't backed my real disk seems scary to me. I'm
assuming that you'll get just a write failure if you exceed the physical
space?  And if you're writing to both of them it could be either of the that
fails first?  Is there a software way of determining the amount of physical
space remaining?