[wplug] NAS Appliance recommendations

Andrew Fisk andy at spitcomp.com
Sat Aug 15 11:08:09 EDT 2009

Why not just pick up and a PC and build one --  SME server
(contibs.org) would give your users a pretty nice web gui and you can
kill any and all services you don't want.  I just did a similar config
for a client and the hardware from dell was about $700 (2 drives not
4) -- but the raid card will support 4 drives.  Not sure if that fits
within the budget -- It's  going to be more expensive than a USB
solution -- but will offer better flexibility and performance,

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
Suite 19