[wplug] wi-fi security?

Terence J. Golightly t.golightly at verizon.net
Fri Aug 7 19:20:17 EDT 2009

See Below,
On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 08:52 -0400, Max Putas wrote:
> > You need the ooooold versions of it.  My dad's v2 from like....4 years ago
> > would work, but a new one off the shelf wouldn't.  Oh, and Wikipedia's list is
> > better than OpenWRT's list.  My boyfriend bought a few different ones that
> > OpenWRT said would work but didn't because their list is incomplete and
> > doesn't list things like "oh yeah, this model number might have this other
> > default firmware loaded on that's hard to get rid of and might brick the router
> > in the process."
>
> Buy a WRT54GL or a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54. There is no need to mess around
> with other models or find an original (old) WRT54G that might break in
> a week; these work perfectly with open firmware out of the box:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

Not to Hijack this thread.  I just bought a WRT54GL from Amazon and the
book "Hacking The WRT54G router".  In the book they talk all the
different versions of the wrt54g and about modifying the hardware to add
everything from serial ports to SD slots.  Anybody on the list
modify/hack or know someone who has?  I'm thinking of the SD slot mod
for starters.

Thanks,

Terry

--