[wplug] wi-fi security?

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 08:52:11 EDT 2009

> You need the ooooold versions of it.  My dad's v2 from like....4 years ago
> would work, but a new one off the shelf wouldn't.  Oh, and Wikipedia's list is
> better than OpenWRT's list.  My boyfriend bought a few different ones that
> OpenWRT said would work but didn't because their list is incomplete and
> doesn't list things like "oh yeah, this model number might have this other
> default firmware loaded on that's hard to get rid of and might brick the router
> in the process."

Buy a WRT54GL or a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54. There is no need to mess around
with other models or find an original (old) WRT54G that might break in
a week; these work perfectly with open firmware out of the box:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124190

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833162134

--
Thanks,