[wplug] White screen of death

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 04:55:06 EDT 2009

2009/7/31 Weber, Lawrence A <Lawrence.Weber at ansaldo-sts.us>:
> I am running Fedora 9, with two user accounts.  When I switch users I
> frequently get a white screen, with an active cursor arrow.  Is there a way
> to recover from this other than rebooting?

There are a number of good suggestions on this list, but as a
reminder, Fedora 9 is EOL, meaning there are no more updates
available. It is in any case recommended to upgrade to Fedora 10 or
Fedora 11. If possible, could you do the upgrade and see if you still
have the same problem? There has been alot of work on the video
systems during the past two development cycles.

-Yaakov