[wplug] White screen of death

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Sat Aug 1 08:42:51 EDT 2009

>> 	As Mr. Billings said, you can ctrl-alt-backspace to kill the current X
>> server. You can also (with root permissions) killall gdm-binary, or
>> switch to runlevel 3, and back to runlevel 5 (init 3, init 5). Any of
>> those *should* reset the video card.
>
> Not "service gdm restart"?

	Hm, I don't see gdm as a service in /etc/init.d/, but I am using
CentOS, and not Fedora. It is my understanding, however, that they are
structurally the same. I didn't think there was such a service, as X is
generally called via init in runlevel 5 (see last line in /etc/inittab).

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.pghwireless.net
drew at zhrodague.net		http://dorkbot.org/dorkbotpgh