[wplug] Good E-waste Recycling in Pittsburgh?

Terence J. Golightly t.golightly at verizon.net
Tue Apr 28 09:11:42 EDT 2009

Greetings Nathan,

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 14:53 -0400, Nathan Marcus wrote:
> Hello everyone, this fine weather so far this weekend has led me to do
> some spring cleaning of my garage, and I have an utterly trashed pile
> of dead old tube tv's (circa 1980) and probably 2 to 3 small boxes of
> junk circuitry.  If anything were good, I'd offer it for donation to
> this list or whatnot - but if it made it to these boxes, I know it was
> a deserved death for a good reason.
>
> I thought this would be an easy enough "googling" event, but I've
> spent about an hour and have only found big shops and (understandably)
> closed weekend offices.  I figure at least a few people on this list
> know of some good places in Pittsburgh to go for e-waste recycling.
>
> If anybody knows any decent ones - it would be much appreciated.
> Also, odds are I'm not the only one who may be in need of this spring
> cleaning.
>
> -Nathan Marcus

I have some batteries and electronics to get rid of myself. Try 311 they
will direct you. Anyway, on may 2nd near North Park Swimming Pool 9am -
1pm, you can take you unwanted, batteries, paints kerosene ($2.50 per
gallon) for disposal. Also on May 16th, 39th & Penn ave. 10am - 2pm.

Terry

Terence J. Golightly <vze27hs6 at verizon.net>
SOHO