[wplug] setting up static ip in linux classically?

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:55:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Andrew Fisk <andy at spitcomp.com> wrote:
> but my guess would be that if the PC is
> going to make the connection you will need PPPOE setup up somewher and

I'm pretty sure the OP said he was using Speakeasy, and if memory
serves correctly, they do not use PPPOE.  They give you a static IP,
gateway, netmask, and DNS servers.

That said, it may be nice to have a dedicated router that can act as a
firewall and provide NAT and DHCP.  But, Speakeasy is a "boutique"
ISP, meaning you pay a bit more but get some extra features.