[wplug] setting up static ip in linux classically?

Andrew Fisk andy at spitcomp.com
Tue Apr 21 09:38:29 EDT 2009

I guess that if you are really only goung to use a DSL modem you might
want to set it up this way, but my guess would be that if the PC is
going to make the connection you will need PPPOE setup up somewher and
frankly I would think abaout a router in the mix.  You can pick on up
inexpensively, the router will handle the connection for you, you will
be able to use more than one machine and you pick up the additional
security that NAT adds.

you might also take a look at OpenDNS as long as you are reconfiguring
stuff.

Thanks

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services