[wplug] setting up static ip in linux classically?

Zach Uram netrek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 17:47:07 EDT 2009

Can someone please tell me how I can setup my new DSL from Speakeasy
(Nidhog - a Verizon reseller - no longer does residential DSL so i
needed a new ISP) using just static IP (no DHCP) and entering the info
manually? Service should be on in 3 days (still waiting for modem and
self-install kit to arrive) and I just received this email:

This is the technical information you will need to set up your
computer when your DSL circuit is installed.

Your ip address(es) will be:

66.93.172.48

Your gateway will be: ("Router Address" on Macintosh)

66.93.172.1

Your DNS servers will be (in order):

66.92.159.2
216.231.41.2

Your subnet mask is: 255.255.255.0

So what files do I enter this info into and what commands will I type
to get the service working? I am running Debian lenny.

Zach