[wplug] Linux Notebook Recommendation

Greg Simkins biz gregsimkins at me.com
Mon Apr 13 09:36:51 EDT 2009

I am thrilled with my iPhone.  I passed the AT&T store at South Hills
Village on July 11 (or whatever the rollout day was on the new iPhone)
on my way to the Apple store.  The AT&T folks told me that they were
out of stock and were only taking orders, so I continued on to the
Apple Store.  The end of the line at Apple store was out of sight and
the store people there were quite crabby from the stress....and they
weren't taking orders. ....so I returned to the AT&T store to order an
iPhone.  While I was filling out the order, somebody returned an
iPhone for some reason and it was offered to me.  I walked out with a
new iPhone on the first day!  I gave that to my wife and ordered a
second phone for myself.  It arrived a week later.  When I picked up
my own iPhone at AT&T, people were still returning daily to the Apple
store just to wait in line again with no assurance that they would get
a phone.  I would say Apple handled this rollout incredibly badly.
The folks at the AT&T store couldn't have been nicer.

Greg