[wplug] gmail & firefox

Bobbie Lynn Eicher bobbie.eicher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:30:11 EDT 2008

My desktop is running Firefox 3.01 as well, with an install of
Ubuntu's current packages.  I haven't actually noticed any special
slowness with the star icons.

The hardware is more current than yours (a low end Core2Duo processor,
for example), though I find it a bit difficult to believe that those
stars are somehow requiring so much processing on the client end that
it really matters...

If it's of any use in continued research, the plugins currently
running in my FF install for Ubuntu:
Default Plugin, Demo Print Plugin for unix/linux, DivX Web Player,
Helix DNA Plugin, iTunes Application Detector (seems like an odd thing
to have on Linux, but somehow it got there, Quicktime might have done
it), Quicktime Plug-in 7.2.0, Shockwave Flash (9.0 r124), Totem Web
Browser Plugin 2.22.1, VLC Multimedia Plugin, Windows Media Player
Plug-in 10

Extensions at the moment for that copy are pretty much just Delicious,
Ubuntu's extensions, and the Update Scanner.

(Most of my more idle "I don't really know this site" kind of browsing
happens on my laptop, so I haven't been bothering with so much ad
blocking etc on that copy of FF)