[wplug] gmail & firefox

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 17:49:01 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:30 PM, ssc1478 <ssc1478 at aim.com> wrote:
> I have a question about the star icons in the gmail inbox.  In
> firefox 3.0.1 on my ubuntu pc, they load extremely slow. My pc has 1.5gb
> ram and is a p4 2ghz.  It's old but other than this it performs
> fine.
>
> My question is - do others experience this or is it something odd just
> happening to me?

That seems to be more of a function of your connection speed than your
hardware or software. I see the stars take a while to load, too, and I
have DSL. It doesn't bother me that much.

Maybe it bothers someone at Google enough to make speeding up the
image loading their 20-percent project.

I don't know, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

--
-- Dave O