[wplug] Environment Variables

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Fri Sep 19 12:17:21 EDT 2008

I have been using Redhat and Fedora for several year and just about know
how to configure it.  I am currently testing a Debian installation and
cannot get some applications to access the web (NTP, etc).  I notice
that when I open a terminal that my http_proxy variable does not include
the authentication data.  I assume that this is why the Gnome apps are
not able to access the web.

Does anyone know where Debian stores the Environment Variables used by
the Gnome desktop?  I have searched the internet to no avail.