[wplug] Social networking survey

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Sep 8 23:29:20 EDT 2008

Christopher DeMarco wrote:
> Plus every respondant receives a *FREE*, *LIFETIME* supply of your
> favorite Hormel e-deliverable!!!

While your concern is justified in general, in this case I think
it a bit unfair, as Pearson is a reputable publisher which has
been good to WPLUG through its user group program.  I would not
have posted the link if it came from a source that I did not have
some trust in.

That said, their privacy policy is somewhat vague in this area,
stating "Contact information will be used to notify the winners
and award prizes" with no specific limitations laid out on
additional mailings.  Each individual will have to make up his own
mind whether to complete the survey or not.  If you do fill it in
and are subsequently spammed by Pearson, please let me know so I
can re-evaluate my assessment of them.

For the record, I myself will not be completing the survey because
1) I don't use social networking sites, and B) I don't have a
personal need for five more books.