[wplug] SATA + XFS + RAID =

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:54:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Michael Skowvron
<michaels at penguincentral.org> wrote:
> Chris Romano wrote:
>> Anyone with a machine that accepts SATA drives and is familiar with
>> software RAID willing to help me out?  I will pay for your time
>> ($$,beer,etc).
>

> Sure. Being one of the resident experts in such matters, what do you need?

My problem is listed under the thread "RAID 5 question on recovery".
I have a NAS box that died (the hd are still good) and need a box that
I can hookup 4 SATA drives and pull the data off of them.

So ...
I'm guessing just a box that I can connect the drives to and can read xfs

Chris
--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin