[wplug] socket function

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Thu Sep 4 10:51:03 EDT 2008

I am working with some simple socket code and found the call:

inet_addr(argv[2], &myServer.sin.s_addr);

The manual for inet_addr() says that it only takes one argument, the
input string.  The function inet_aton() takes 2 args, the input string
and structure destination.

The original code seems to work, but I don't know why.  When I replace
inet_addr with inet_aton the code compiles but does not work.

I also checked the header file and it agrees with the manual.

Any ideas why does inet_addr compile without warnings/errors (and work)
and why doesn't inet_aton work?