[wplug] Google Chrome?

Neal Sofge neal_sofge at rand.org
Wed Sep 3 11:49:41 EDT 2008

> Maybe the web is a bit more like the 1980's version of Times Square.

That's the version I liked, Rule 34 and all.  But nostalgia gives
notoriously fuzzy vision.

> They've really cleaned up a lot of the smut in the meatspace.

And replaced it with corporate junk peddling, which is what the Web
now looks like to me.

The other thing I find disheartening about the modern Web is that
it's overwhelmingly mediated.  Very few people write raw HTML code
any more, because their blog or wiki engine handles it for them.

--
Neal Sofge, Lead Web Technologist
RAND Corporation <http://www.rand.org/>

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.