[wplug] 2 oldworld Power Macs available to a good home

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Fri Oct 10 17:34:34 EDT 2008

I have a Power Mac 7600/120 and 7600/132 that I was using as
gateway/firewall machines for several years, but have now retired.
They used to have a Debian-only install (booting via quik), but their
disks have been wiped.

They each have between 150M and 200M of RAM, a 1GB (yes, a full
1000MB) SCSI hard disk, and 10Mbps Ethernet.  IMO these are too slow
to do any native development/building; I always cross-compiled their
kernels on faster machines.  They probably can't run any modern
desktop environment or browser either.  So they're not for newbies.

Free for pick up in Fox Chapel; if you live somewhere convenient, I
might even be able to deliver.  Otherwise, they're going to Goodwill.