[wplug] Dos App under Linux

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:17:28 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Rob Lines <rlinesseagate at gmail.com> wrote:
> So does anyone know a way to run a DOS app under linux that is purely
> comandline in such a way that you could call it via a script and it could
> interact with the linux file system localy?

I would mention the possibility of using VMWare or VirtualBox or KVM
to host an instance of DOS.

If you can figure out a way to access the linux filesystem from the
DOS VM (you can certainly do this if you add Windows to the VM) then
you could probably figure out a way to have the DOS app get started
automatically (e.g. from autoexec.bat) and then write a script to
power on or power off the virtual machine.

Depending on the nature of the app, it might work better under a
virtualized DOS than an emulated one.  However, you have to sacrifice
some of the scriptability.

Mike