[wplug] Dos App under Linux

Rob Lines rlinesseagate at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:22:55 EST 2008

I have a small dos based app for processing files that I would like to run
on a large number of files that currently reside on a Linux box.  It is
completely command line and is just passed a file name and a few arguments
then does its' thing.  The data set is currently on a CentOS 5.2 box and
there are a few million files.  My original thought had been to use ssh to a
windows XP box and then run the app against the files that would be shared
via samba but in looking at the network part of the equation and the amount
of time that it willspend in CPU it looks like the network traffic would be
the bottle neck... So I was hoping that somone might have a suggestion.  I
looked at dosemu but it did not seem to have the ability to interact with
the linux file system directly.  I would love the app to be ported to linux
but it isn't an option.

So does anyone know a way to run a DOS app under linux that is purely
comandline in such a way that you could call it via a script and it could
interact with the linux file system localy?

Thanks,
Rob