[wplug] compositing in metacity

E. Brian Doran ebdoran at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 17:34:26 EST 2008

Patrick,

Nice trick, I will have to test and see if it works with my setup.  I am more
kde based but am curious to see.  I am running into numerous headaches with
compositing window managers.

Current setup:
(2) 9600GT's
(3) Dell 2408wfp 24"

The three screens are one large desktop with Xinerama and nvidia binary.  As
of now nvidia drivers do not have xrandr 1.2 support and enabling xinerama
disables any compositing features.

If anyone has any insight as to the progression of this topic please let me
know.  I had heard that xrandr1.3 may suppot multiple GPU's etc.  Also
googles summer of code had an entry for getting this to work but I believe no
one was awarded.

Thanks,

Brian