[wplug] Pittsburgh Mapping Party (This weekend 11/15-11/16)

richard at weait.com richard at weait.com
Sun Nov 16 10:51:00 EST 2008

> Hi Vance,
>
> Cool. So what Linux program would let me query all this GPS data? I
> don't have any GPS equipment so I can't help. Doesn't Google already
> have a database of satellite images and street level photos?

Dear Zack,

You don't have to have a GPS to contribute to OpenStreetMap or to use it.
But you can take advantage of a GOS with OSM.  You can even load the map
from OpenStreetMap onto your PDA, phone or GPS.

Come on out and join us at the mapping party and we can go over lots of
questions.

Best regards,
Richard