[wplug] WSCC

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Nov 14 12:38:27 EST 2008

Access is really important to us, so be assured that the board
considers proximity to public transportation an important feature
of any meeting place.  We know that not everyone drives.  Being
in Oakland would be great, but is of course dependent on finding
a suitable venue.

As an alternative to the bus, you could also see if any other
WPLUGers passing through your area can give you a ride.

"Zach Uram" <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe we can meet in a Carnegie Library.

You may recall that we had met once at the Squirrel Hill library
previously.  Unfortunately, my understanding with the libraries
I've looked at is that they do not allow non-library-related
groups to use them as a regular meeting space, only on an
occasional basis.  I think it is important for us to have a single
location that serves as the base for our general user meetings*;
otherwise, there is confusion and people end up going to the wrong
location, plus it contributes to a general sense of instability.

As Mike mentioned, you can add discussion to the wiki page at
<http://www.wplug.org/w/index.php/Talk:Venues>, or just continue
the conversation here on the list.  Suggestions for venues are
most welcome, particularly where you have some detailed knowledge
or a contact person we can call.

*In contrast, for installfests I've kicked around the idea of
rotating among locations since it's more of an outreach-type
activity.  This way, we may reach a larger group of people than if
we stay in one spot.