[wplug] Who's up for a Pittsburgh BarCamp?

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Mon Nov 10 17:44:25 EST 2008

"Zach Uram" <netrek at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> So this is held in a bar? Hey how can I find out what my name is in
> Chinese? That's cool. I have a friend in HK. Hope I can visit someday.
> You go to one of those big floating dim sum restaurants?

:-)

BarCamp is an ad-hoc user-generated event.  The idea is that the
attendees create the agenda the morning of the barcamp.  The "bar" is
from "foobar" as barcamp is a response to O'Reilly's FooCamp.

There's lots of info about barcamp available at http://barcamp.org

The way I imagine this working is that we arrange to have rooms at the
Center until 5:00 or 6:00 PM.  The barcamp starts around 10-ish.
Depending on the rooms available, we run a couple of tracks through
the day.  The WPLUG meeting would happen simultaneously in the morning
and WPLUGers would be welcome to join the barcamp in the afternoon.

I'd find a sponsor for food for lunch, tee shirts and badges.  We'd
invite anyone in the tech or new media community in Pittsburgh.
Students are particularly welcome.

What do you say?

Can someone get me in touch with the Wilkins School Community Center
to see about the venue space?

--
  J Aaron Farr     jadetower.com        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁         cubiclemuses.com     [HK] +852 8123-7905